Kindness at School
Read the Latest News
Kindness at Work
Kindness at School is...
- How would your students define compassion?
- Do they understand the ripple effect of compassion in action?
- Would your student be able to define the qualities of courage?
- Do you support your students to overcome their fears and obstacles?
- If asked, would your students be able to explain the concept of giving and generosity?
- Would they know that generosity is about the giving of time, energy and talent?
- If asked, would your students be able to explain the concepts of gratitude and appreciation?
- Do your students have an “attitude of gratitude”?
- How would your students define inclusion?
- Do your students value and honor all opinions, even when they don’t agree with them?
- If one of your students found a wallet with money in it, what do you think they would do?
- Would your students be able to tell you why integrity is important?
- Do your students have positive attitudes that others enjoy?
- Do your students feel empowered with positive choices in all situations at school?
- Do your students exhibit politeness by remembering to say “please and thank-you”?
- Do your students refrain from name calling, bullying, or using insulting language to harm others in person or on social media?
- Do believe your students live by the Golden Rule : treat others as we wish to be treated.
- Can your students name the four basic human emotions? (sad, mad, glad, scared)
- Do your students understand the impact their emotions have on their classmates?
Kindness at Work is...
- Do you practice compassion towards your colleagues?
- Have you demonstrated a compassionate act to someone in your workplace in the last month?
- Have you witnessed a compassionate act in the last month at work?
- Do you speak up when you see an injustice in your workplace?
- Can you recall the last time you did something courageous?
- Do you let fear get in your way?
- Are you thoughtful in your consideration of others?
- Do you give of your time to a colleague who may need you?
- Are you more generous when someone is watching?
- Do you say “please and thank-you” consistently at work?
- Do your actions and words tell people how much you appreciate them?
- Can you name two things that are you thankful for in your workplace?
- Do you laugh more than once a day during work hours?
- Is your humor respectful of others feelings in your workplace?
- Do you allow your sense of humor to shine?
- Do you allow space for people to be heard?
- Do you refuse to participate in activities that exclude or put down others?
- Do you value all opinions, even when they don’t agree with yours?
- If you found a wallet with money in it, would you return all of it?
- Do you have a reputation as someone who is honest and trustworthy?
- Do you always do what you say you are going to?
- Do you have a positive attitude that people enjoy working with?
- Do you make people smile?
- Do you find the “good” in all situations at work?
- Do you believe it’s necessary to respect yourself before you can show true respect to others?
- Do you believe that respect is a key part of kindness?
- Do you show respect towards everyone you work with?
- Are you aware how others would describe you?
- Are you aware of how your emotions, words, and actions are affecting others in your workplace?
- Have you been “bullied” Or have you “bullied” another colleague at work?